2018 Silver Strand Veterans Day Half Marathon, 10 Miler, and 5K Sunday, November 11th
Oct 31, 2018 06:15PM
● By Paul Spear
2018 Silver Strand Veterans Day Half Marathon, 10 Miler, and 5K
- Sunday, November 11, 2018 at 7 AM – 1 PM PST
- 101 Ocean Blvd, Coronado, CA 92118
Run | Walk | Skate | Roll
Come join us for the 19th Annual Silver Strand Veterans Day Half Marathon, 10 Miler, and 5K! This course features a flat, fast run and/or walk with the waves of the Pacific Ocean on your right and the San Diego Bay on your left and capping off your run with a USA Beach Party Finish!
Each participant will receive: a surfboard finisher medal that doubles as a bottle opener AND an awesome men's tech t-shirt or women's tech tank-top!
Welcome Back Skaters! Bring out your inline skates, rollerblades, and/or roller skates and speed your way down the strand (Helmets are mandatory. Knee and wrist guards are recommended)
The Half Marathon course is open to runners and walkers only. The 10 mile course is open to runners, walkers, skaters, ellipticals/@ElliptiGO, handcycles, and wheelchairs.
STROLLERS ARE WELCOMED AT THIS EVENT!
Special Discounted Pricing for: All branches of our US military (Active/Reserves/Veterans) and all first responders (Police, Fire, FBI, EMT, Border Patrol, etc.) Must show valid military ID / first responder ID at packet-pickup.
• Awesome finisher medal
• Tech t-shirt / tech tank-top for ALL distances
• Chip timing by Gemini.
• Post-race continental breakfast
• Podium awards
• LIVE band
• Beer garden supporting Challenged Athletes Foundation: Operation Rebound
• LIVE entertainment along the course
• Official Drink Sponsor - nuun hydration on-course
• Online results
• Pace Teams: Road Runner Sports Half Marathon
• $10 off a $30 purchase at Road Runner Sports
• 7 aid stations along half marathon course
• 2 aid stations along the 5K course
• Race photos available online provided by Endurance Sports Photo
For more information, visit the Offical Silver Strand Veterans Day Half Marathon, 10 Miler, and 5K website at: http://www.silverstrandhalf.com/
Note: If you would like to make sure you don't miss stories like this or any other news about the community of Imperial Beach and South County, please be sure to sign up for our newsletter. Please note that every subscriber of our newsletter receives a Community Calendar of Events at the 1st of every month. Click here to: Subscribe
Paul Spear, Publisher, and Editor of Dig Imperial Beach