Petco Unleashed Surf Dog Competition Comes to Imperial Beach Saturday, July 28th!
Jul 16, 2018 07:39PM
● By Paul Spear
IMPERIAL BEACH SURF DOG
Get stoked! It's time for the most adorable surf event of the year . . .The Imperial Beach Surf Dog Competition, where fearless surFUR dogs will jump on their boards and hang 20! The Imperial Beach event is the original surf dog competition. Check out the action adjacent to the Imperial Beach Pier, where more than 60 dogs are expected to participate in this family friendly event, which raises funds for the San Diego Humane Society.
Times approximate and subject to change:
JULY 28 | 2018
- 8:00 AM – Check-In Opens
- 8:00 AM – 1 PM – SurFUR Expo
- 9:00 AM – 1:30 PM – Beer Garden
- 8:30 AM – 2:15 PM – Surf Dog Competition
- 2:30 PM – Awards Ceremony
Registration includes a collectors t-shirt and medal.
REGISTRATION | RULES
Imperial Beach Surf Dog Competition registration is limited! Heats include Single Dog and Tandem.
SINGLE DOG HEATS INCLUDE:
- Weight Heats (owner launched) - weight-based heats with five dogs maximum per heat. (2 heats max/weight category)
- Weight Heats (handler launched) - weight-based heats with five dogs maximum per heat. (1 heat per weight category)
- Shredder Heats (only the owner can launch) – advanced surFUR heats with five dogs maximum per heat. (2 heats total)
There will only be one heat each of dog/dog and two of dog/human:
- Dog/Dog Surf
- Dog/Human Surf
No late registration will be allowed.
Note: If you would like to make sure you don't miss stories like this or any other news about the community of Imperial Beach and South County, please be sure to sign up for our newsletter. Please note that every subscriber of our newsletter receives a Community Calendar of Events at the 1st of every month. Click here to: Subscribe
Paul Spear, Publisher, and Editor of Dig Imperial Beach
Dave Chalmers and Max the Surf Dog, 1974
DC and Max, America's Amazing Animals