District Champions Honored by South Bay Union School District at Event Held at Imperial Beach Library
Nov 06, 2017 10:58PM
● By Paul Spear
On October 13, Superintendent Katie McNamara hosted an event at the Imperial Beach Public Library to honor South Bay's District Champions. These awards recognize students, parents/guardians, staff, teams, and community members that demonstrate outstanding work, dedication to the District's mission and goals, commitment to our community, and strong support for the South Bay Union School District. We are proud to celebrate the contributions of the following Champions:
- Maureen McElroy, a Language, Speech and Hearing Specialist, was honored for her genuine caring for, and dedication to, students.
- Veronica Duarte, a first grade teacher at Berry School, was recognized for her outstanding teaching and service to the campus community.
- Irma Gonzalez, an Instructional Assistant, was celebrated for her commitment to the students and staff at Berry School.
- Elisa Ajao, Atzimba Servin, Ruby Borrero, Valerie Dorrian, Susy Dorsey, Sonia Gutierrez and Edith Rodriguez, the team of School Psychologists and Language, Speech and Hearing Specialists from VIP Village Preschool, were recognized for their incredible collaboration and devotion to students.
- Katy Roberson, a South Bay retiree, was honored for her continuing support of South Bay students, families, and staff.
- Beth Herring, a parent volunteer from Berry School, was recognized for her dedication to the campus.
- Raleigh Sanders, a community member, was honored for his service to the District and the south county community.
Dr. McNamara is excited about this program. "I am delighted to have the opportunity to honor those that demonstrate such a high level of support and dedication to our District. Congratulations to these recipients and we look forward to continuing to highlight and recognize those that champion our work, our community, and our District." South Bay will continue to collect nominations and will host additional recognition events this school year on December 8, March 9, and June 1.