Superintendent Katie McNamara Shares Student Honors with Community in May ColumnMay 12, 2017 08:36AM ● By Paul Spear
DigIB – May 2017
Dear Community Members,
For the last 25 years, the California Association for Bilingual Education (CABE) has honored students who are bilingual and multilingual. Sixth grade students are invited to submit a written essay on the importance of being bilingual and one student is selected to be the recipient of a $50 scholarship. This year, a student from every school in South Bay was selected and invited to attend the CABE Scholarship Breakfast, which was held on Saturday, May 6. Students, parents, teachers, and administrators participated in the celebration. The following students were honored for their bilingualism and received a scholarship and an honoree certificate:
· Isabella Moreno - Bayside STEAM Academy
· Daniel Humberto Bayliss - Berry School
· Ariana Lopez Leon - Central School
· Chelsea Garcia Andrade - Emory School
· Joel Perez Estrada - Imperial Beach Charter
· Eder Casas Godinez - Nestor Language Academy
· Fernanda Felix - Nicoloff School
· Alejandra Torres - Oneonta School
· Steven Davila Gomez - Pence School
· Izahid Juarez Cota - Sunnyslope School
Thank you to CABE, our teachers, and Principals for supporting this event each year. Congratulations to all our 2017 CABE Scholarship recipients!
Katie McNamara, Ed.D.