IB Traffic Detour Notice: New Traffic Detour to Take Place Along Old Palm / SR75
Nov 22, 2016 02:38PM ● Published by Paul Spear
Gallery: Traffic Detour [2 Images] Click any image to expand.
Imperial Beach Traffic Detour Notice: New Traffic Detour to Take Place Along Old Palm / SR75 . New Detours to Take Place Until Further Notice!
The following traffic changes will be implemented this week and remain in place until construction at the intersection of 7th and Palm is completed or until further notice:
- Eastbound Old Palm will be closed at Rainbow Avenue. All traffic heading east will be diverted to SR 75 along Rainbow Drive.
- Eastbound Old Palm will also be closed to right hand turns on 7th Street.
- A temporary stop sign will be placed at 7th and Donax (southbound) to control left-hand turns from 7th onto Donax. This is a detour route and speeds have been excessive for a residential neighborhood.
- Please note that additional modifications may be made as we continue to observe the traffic and the needs of the residents.
- The stacking distance on 7th Street between Old Palm and SR 75 is insufficient to accommodate the current level of traffic. This often leads to cars blocking the intersection and cars heading west from SR 75 to Old Palm cannot proceed. At times, traffic is backing onto the travel lanes of SR 75.
- Cars taking the detour through the residential neighborhood near Donax and 7th Street are often not making a safe turn at the intersection. A temporary stop sign will help to keep cars in the correct turning radius and improve safety.
- If Eastbound Old Palm is not blocked until Carolina, drivers will have to go south to Elm Street before heading east again. Additional traffic on Elm is not a desirable situation because it is also under construction.