SBUSD Education Foundation's "Stars Under the Stars" Rocked the Night
Apr 18, 2016 02:17PM ● Published by Paul Spear
Gallery: 6th annual "Stars Under the Stars" [42 Images] Click any image to expand.
The SBUSD Education Foundation's 6th annual "Stars Under the Stars" Rocked the Night last Saturday at the Chula Vista Golf Course. The Foundation Funds extra projects for Students that they wouldn't otherwise have!The 6th annual “Stars Under the Stars” event took place at the Chula Vista Golf Course last Saturday night to a 'Rockin" theme and guests dre3ssed up in their favorite clothes from the 50’s, 60’s, 70’s, 80’s or 90’s!! The event included dinner, wine on the table, a no host bar. Entertainment including dancing and everyone had a great time.
The Foundation provides the community with a way to support excellence in our schools on a tax-deductible basis. You can do this by making direct contributions, memorials, or gifts.
Donations are used for:
• Science Education
• Support of the Visual and Performing Arts
• Staff Development Scholarships
• Mini-grants to teachers for class projects
• Donations to school libraries
The short answer is EVERYONE!
• Students will be provided with special programs that wouldn’t normally be available. These programs are all designed to maximize learning opportunities.
• Businesses share their resources and reap the benefits of competent, career-oriented students who will later enter the workforce.
• Teachers are able to enrich classroom knowledge and use innovative learning aids.
• Community members gain confidence in our education system through their involvement with the students and schools.
Why we’re needed:
With pressure growing to increase academic achievement, but not to increase taxes, we supplement existing programs and services in the schools and provide funding through generous donations.
Why we need you:
We need your support. As a business or individual who has a vested interest in producing a qualified, educated workforce and responsible citizens, we welcome your interest and contributions. The members of the Board of Directors would like to thank you for your consideration and would be happy to answer any question. Please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org