Bring your Family & Friends to Pirate Days at the SD Maritime Museum on Saturday or Sunday, May 21st & 22nd.
Apr 03, 2016 11:27PM
● By Paul Spear
Bring your Family & Friends to Pirate Days at the San Diego Maritime Museum on Saturday or Sunday, May 21st & 22nd.
Saturday & Sunday, May 21st & 22nd.
What goes better than a Maritime Museum full of Historic Ships and Pirates? For two days we host a Pirate themed event, with fun for adults, adults that like to act like a kid and kids.
Aye, if you hear the word PIRATE, it often strikes terror in the heart of any seaman, yet at the Maritime Museum of San Diego the word tingles with fun and excitement, if not suggesting a bit of a devilish encounter.
There is a saying: “Where there is a sea, there are Pirates”, so the Museum holds to the time-worn tradition of swashbuckling Pirates, brandishing their swords, to engage, delight, guide and educate our visitors.
A two day celebration for kids of all ages, will include kids costume contests, carnival games, cannon firings, weapon demonstrations, sword fights, scary stories, and a scavenger hunt for Pirate Treasure.
- Kids crafts
- Bounce house
- Face painting
- Turkey legs & grog
- Black powder demonstrations
- $2 discount for adults and kids in costume.
- No steel weapons allowed.
- All weapons must be peace tied.
- Questions? Call 619-234-9153 ext 106
- Cruise with a pirate: 10:30am, 12:30pm or 2:30pm (aboard Californian)
- Costume contest: 11:30 p.m.
- Re-enactors: (ongoing/HMS Surprise)
- Cannon firing: 11am, 1pm & 3pm
- Bay cruises: (ongoing/ Pilot)
- Maritime dancers: 11:30 a.m., and 2:00 p.m. (Sun only)
- Photo opportunity with pirates: (ongoing) back-drop
- Treasure/Scavenger hunt: 10am-3pm
- Sword fight demonstrations: 1:00 p.m.
- Craft activities: Berkeley dance floor
- Knot tying and rope making
- Parrot interactions 10am-3pm
- Events & times are subject to change