Maritime Museum of San Diego proudly presents The 2nd Annual Chocolate Festival Sunday April 3
Apr 02, 2016 11:14PM
● By Paul Spear
Sunday April 3, 2016
11:00am to 4:00pm
An event for all ages. Vendors focusing on chocolate edibles, demonstrations and many other interesting activities.
Mars Chocolate History Ambassadors will be onsite to demonstrate the historical bean-to-beverage story of 18th-century chocolate using authentic tools including cocoa pods, cocoa beans and nibs, a hot stone metate, winnowing baskets, chocolate drink pots and stirrers throughout the day. Observers will be able to touch, taste, smell, and experience chocolate as it was enjoyed in early America at every demonstration by sampling AMERICAN HERITAGE® Chocolate drink.
AMERICAN HERITAGE® Chocolate is an authentic historic chocolate recipe developed by Mars Chocolate North America.
- Experience chocolate at our vendor booths
- Chocolate creation demo’s
- Kitchen tricks with chocolate
- Culinary demonstrations starts at noon.
- Build your own Chocolate pizza
- Beer & Wine Chocolate pairings (21+ up)
- Maritime Museum Members – Admission is FREE and sampler cards are available for $5.00 at the door.
- Guest passes and seafarer passes are not valid during this special event.
Chocolate on the seas, for Chocolate Festival:
- Chocolate Goodies will be handed out on all Pilot Bay Cruises. Check-in times end: 11:15am, 12:45pm, 1:45pm, 2:45pm, 3:45pm. Tickets available at the museum, $5 per person.
- Tall Ship Adventure will have chocolate goodies aboard for sampling. Click here for Tall Ship tickets.
The Maritime Museum of San Diego proudly presents The 2nd Annual Chocolate Festival: A Celebration of Chocolate on the Bay, a tasting and educational showcase and festival featuring food, wine, and of course, a variety of chocolate treats. This delicious event brings together the world-renowned Maritime Museum with the Historic Division of Mars, a division of Mars Chocolate North America one of the world's leading chocolate manufacturers and the maker of M&M'S®, SNICKERS®and TWIX®, among other popular brands.
The Historic Division of Mars brings the history of chocolate to life through lectures, tastings and interactive demonstrations. Observers will be able to touch, taste, smell, and experience chocolate as it was enjoyed by our Founding Fathers at every demonstration by sampling American Heritage Chocolate® drink. American Heritage Chocolate® is an authentic, colonial-style chocolate recipe that is made by Mars Chocolate North America. A team of Mars Chocolate History Ambassadors will tell the historical bean-to-beverage story using authentic tools including live cocoa pods, cocoa beans and nibs, a hot stone metate, winnowing baskets, chocolate drink pots and stirrers throughout the day.
Perfect for adults and children, The 2nd Annual Chocolate Festival: A Celebration of Chocolate on the