Erik of Twisted Kettle Corn at IB Farmers Market is Collecting Donations for "Red Shoes Day"
Jun 12, 2015 08:40PM
By Paul Spear
What The Ronald McDonald House Charities Do
Providing stability and resources for families everywhere
Helping a sick child fight their illness takes a big enough emotional toll on a family. Adding a financial strain can make it all almost too much to bear. RMHC can help address those problems, whether they involve housing that’s near a hospitalized child, the expense of staying together in another city, or even getting basic medical and dental care in a vulnerable community. In 2015, RMHC has local Chapters in 60 countries and regions with:
- 347 Ronald McDonald Houses
- 195 Ronald McDonald Family Rooms
- 50 Ronald McDonald Care Mobiles
- Grants to non-profit organizations that also focus on the needs of children
- Scholarships to students across the United States
- Chapters around the world creating country-specific programs
Since 1974, RMHC has helped address these needs every day, with 305,000 volunteers and staff members, our connections with medical communities around the world, partnerships with respected companies and our generous donors. We couldn't do it without all of you.
Did you know?
- RMHC has local Chapters in more than 60 countries and regions around the world
- More than $200 million has been collected through RMHC Donation Boxes
- At least one RMHC core program provides care for children and their families being served at 89% of the top children’s hospitals worldwide
- In 2014, RMHC served nearly 5.7 million children and families