Volunteers with Military or Law Enforcement Background Needed for Sun and Sea Festival
Apr 22, 2015 12:43PM
● By Paul Spear
Volunteers with Military or Law Enforcement Background Needed
Sun & Sea Festival will take place July 17 & 18
The Sun and Sea Festival held in Imperial Beach on Saturday July 18 is in need of community volunteers. More specifically, the committee is seeking volunteers with a military or law enforcement background to man the street end barricades and to work closely with the committee and the festival security team. Volunteers will be needed on Friday, July 17 and Saturday, July 18. Daytime and nighttime shifts are available. Those interested should fill out a volunteer application online athttp://sunandseafestival.com/ If you have any specific questions about volunteering, please call Stephanie at 619-206-0308.
Saturday, July 18, 2015: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Pancake Breakfast: 7 a.m.-11 a.m. hosted by volunteers from St. James Lutheran Church-$5 donation
- Annual Parade: Starts at 9 a.m. along Seacoast Drive.
- Kids ‘n Kastles: Noon-1:30 p.m. sand castles to be built in the sand adjacent to Dune’s Park
- Master Sand Sculptures: 9 a.m.-2 p.m. sand castles to be built north of the pier.
Friday, July 17, 2015
· The Mayor’s Community Breakfast to be held at 10:00 a.m. in Pier Plaza.
· Sandcastle Ball will be held 6:00 p.m. to midnight at the Imperial Beach Boys & Girls Club.