IB Mayor, Jim Janney, Makes Case for Reelection bid in Heated Campaign!
Sep 08, 2014 12:59PM
● Published by Paul Spear
2014 has been a great year for Imperial Beach! Everywhere I go, people can’t stop talking about the great improvements to our town. Together, we have worked hard to enhance our quality of life while also providing the revenues essential to support our small-town “Classic Southern California” lifestyle.
I have been honored to serve as your Mayor since 2006 and a member of the City Council since 2002. Under my leadership, partnering with residents, the City Council, and City staff, we have:
· Opened a world-class destination resort hotel with a stunning oceanfront restaurant
· Reduced crime rates by the largest margin in the county with the help of the S.D. County Sheriffs’ Department
· Invested wisely and spent carefully, increasing our revenues to stabilize City finances
· Devoted funds to improve neighborhood infrastructure - roads, sidewalks, parks and paved alleys
· Partnered with the American Legion Post to create affordable housing and a renewed Legion Hall
· Gained State approval to move forward on our new shopping center at 9th and Palm
· Encouraged residences and business to reinvest in their properties
· Worked with schools and community organizations to expand recreational opportunities
· Fostered a climate where businesses can thrive and provide additional local jobs
· Assisted dozens of existing businesses with our Façade Improvement Program
· Achieved regional recognition for our bicycle and pedestrian-friendly transportation system
We are moving in the right direction. As your Mayor, I bring experience, integrity and the dedication to continue our progress. I am committed to conducting a positive and truthful campaign.
I have been an actively involved member of this community since 1991, and have lived in the San Diego area for almost 40 years.